Ryan Reynolds plays the same character in everything he does and I love it


‘at this point how can you not believe in climate change.’ Detective Pikachu

Pokémon Detective Pikachu



From Two guys and a girl, to Deadpool one and two, Ryan Reynolds has managed to play the sarcastic, witty and loveable character. This was the sole reason I chose to see his latest film Pokémon Detective Pikachu.

I did wonder how Ryan Reynolds very mature voice was going to match with one of the cuter Pokémon but with graphics, Pikachu remained as cute as ever.  I even found myself wanting to reach out to screen and hold the Pokémon.

My knowledge of Pokémon beyond Pikachu, Squirtle and Bulbasaur is stark but didn’t stop me engaging with the movie as the skills of each Pokémon are explained as they become relevant.

 Tim Goodwin (Justice Smith) goes to the city of Rime after he finds out his father has died. There he meets his father’s Pokémon, Pikachu (voiced by Ryan Reynolds) and together they investigate his death.

I didn’t go into the cinema with high hopes for the film and as the start of the film was riddled with overused or unnatural dialogue, I remained pessimistic.

But the film did pick up speed for me when Detective Pikachu entered. Reynolds' performance as one of the more popular Pokémon has been praised by many.

It was clear to me that many people in the cinema were real Pokémon fans due to their audible excitement each time a new character was introduced, along with the disdain at the changing pronunciations of MewTwo. It was for this reason that I think the cinema was full and the opening weekend earnings have already amounted to more than $20 million.

The film is definitely enjoyable for Pokémon fans and non-Pokémon fans alike despite its clichés.


                                                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rock is the Worst Actor from the WWE

The real winner of the Internet's biggest boxing match: Ethan Payne

What Sneako is missing…..